A goblin with no body and a monster with no face. A resourceful samurai and a faithful daughter. A spirit of the moon and a dragon king.
This collection of 15 traditional Japanese folktales transports readers to a time of adventure and enchantment. Drawn from the works of folklorists Lafcadio Hearn and Yei Theodora Ozaki, these tales are by turns terrifying, exhilarating, and poetic.
* Striking illustrations by contemporary Japanese artist Kotaro Chiba
* Special gift edition features an embossed, textured case with metallic gold ink, and a satin ribbon page marker
Fans of Celtic Tales, Ghostly Tales, and Japanese Notebooks will love this book.
This book is ideal for:
* Fans of fairytales, folklore, or ghost stories
* Anyone interested in Japan's history and culture
* People of Japanese heritage
* Collectors of illustrated classics